The only 3 things you need to know about Specified Serious Illness Cover
This Monday marks the start of International Men’s Health Week (MHW) 2018.
MHW gives everyone an opportunity to encourage men and boys to take better care of their health and to seek help or treatment at an early stage.
While studies have shown that men are getting better at addressing their own health issues there is still a serious lag in seeking treatment or even advice before it’s too late.
For those who are unfortunate enough to be diagnosed with a serious illness, treatment can be a lengthy and expensive process and will certainly be stressful for the patient and their loved ones.
So why don’t you do yourself a favour and protect what is important to you at a time when you will need it most?
A Specified Serious Illness policy provides security to you, your family or business by paying a guaranteed lump sum, if you are diagnosed with one of the 50+ illnesses covered.
When seeking advice on this, the only 3 things you need to remember are;
- Seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser
- The are currently 6 different providers in the market.
- Some cover more illnesses than others
- Some cover additional benefits (e.g. donor cover)
- Some vary in cost
- Get the policy that is tailored to your needs
- The income you need to protect
- Your spouse and dependants needs
- The number of years you need cover for
- Review your cover regularly
- Your financial life is constantly changing so it’s important that you review the type and level of cover you have, regularly
- Some old policies may not include illnesses that are now standard on new policies so make sure you have the best plan for your needs
Did you know?
- In Ireland 1 in 3 men will get cancer in their lifetime
- In Ireland 1 in 4 women will get cancer in their lifetime
- 60% of patients diagnosed with cancer in Ireland in 2008 were still alive 5 years after diagnosis
- Approximately 10,000 people suffer a stroke in Ireland annually
*Source; Cancer in Ireland 2013; Annual Report for the National Cancer Registry, Irish Heart Foundation, irishheart.ie
I’ve you would like to get independent advice on how to protect your needs or to review your existing cover contact Coleman Financial Planning today on (01) 5313711 or email email@example.com